Sunday, May 9, 2010

ahh love.

love is in the air.
i attended a wedding yesterday, and my parent's 28th anneversary is next week. (as is my grandparents).

At the wedding they did a special dance for all the married couples (ive seen it before and i just love it). Once they start the song playing, the call off anneversaries and couples are asked to leave the floor when thier year is called. The newlyweds were dancing among "seasoned veterans". The las couple standing was the CUTEST little old man and his wife. 60 years of wedded bliss...

I want to be that cute old couple. I want to dance with the same man for 50+ years. Hold hands with the same man.. im such a SAP! :)
This has inspired me to make a list.. some good love songs. in no particular order..

You are the music in me - (yes, yes, i know.. HSM.. buuuuut i love it)
Alright - Darius Rucker
Must have done something right - relient k
This everyday love - rascal flatts
You make me feel so young - frank sinatra
at last - etta james
better together - jack johnson
your song - elton john (the moulin rouge version (: )
that sunday that summer - natalie cole
crash into me - dave matthews band

this list is subject to change.

3 comments:

  1. I love those dances at weddings. I have 2 weddings this month and can't wait to see those couples out there. It always makes me wanna say "AWWWW" at the top of my lungs.

    Also, love your choice of love songs. Definitely good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your grandparents at libbys wedding were the best.. "whats the secret?"
    "YES DEAR"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Both of my grandparents had Nicholas Sparks type romances. Especially Grandma and Grandpa, the train ride, the letters during the war. So beautiful. It is just that time of year for oh so much love to be in the air. I have two weddings to go to this month. CRAZY. It is weird to think I'm old enough for my friends to be getting married. ugh!

    ReplyDelete